Friday 12 April 2013

Investing for Dummies Book Review

Investing For Dummies Book Review


Okay, I said I'll review anything sent to me, so I have read and am going to review Investing For Dummies by Tony Levene. It's just over 250 pages long and average A5 size.

This book would be very useful for both people who know nothing about investing (as I was before I read it), and for people who have a good knowledge but want to recap or expand your knowledge into other methods of investing. It's explained in layman's terms and has the helpful symbols common in all "For Dummies" books.

One thing I was happily surprised by is that Investing For Dummies doesn't just focus on investing in the stock market (although clearly it devotes a good few chapters to it). It also looks at investing in property, bonds and hedge funds. Investing For Dummies book is packed with check lists etc. which makes it all easier to digest and helps focus any further research a reader may want to do and explains it all step-by-step. In addition to this, the books is organised so that it doesn't have to be made cover-to-cover and can be dipped in and out of, which I found was a good feature.

I can't really find any drawbacks in this book, I never thought I'd be interested in this kind of thing but I really did enjoy it.

For the best deal I found that Amazon (predictably) was the cheapest, click here to buy it now!

Thanks for reading,
The Sunglasses Guy


No comments:

Post a Comment